Re: unexpected rowlock mode when trigger is on the table

От Tomáš Záluský
Тема Re: unexpected rowlock mode when trigger is on the table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I confirm the update statement with new value distinct from old value causes taking FOR UPDATE lock.
In my original example, the `set detail_id=null` clause is actually generated by Hibernate and was preserved during
exampleminification.

So I'll have to either find a way how to stop generating unnecessary clauses or refactor database to avoid detail_id
columnat all.

Patching PG source is not option for me at this moment, however, chapter 13.3.2 in documentation could be improved to
explicitlystate 1. the unchanged value of key/unique column causes FOR NO KEY UPDATE lock and 2. the sole usage of
key/uniquecolumn in statement causes FOR UPDATE lock when table has trigger.

Thank you for clarification.