Re: remove "msg" parameter from convert_tuples_by_name

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: remove "msg" parameter from convert_tuples_by_name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Aug-07, Amit Langote wrote:

> If we're reducing the message string to occur only once in the source
> code, can we maybe write it to be more informative?  I wonder if users
> aren't normally supposed to see this message?

Grepping for the messages given to convert_tuples_by_position yields
quite a few matches in regression test output, but none for the one in
convert_tuples_by_name.  This makes me think that it isn't user-visible,
unless things go very wrong.

Pushed the patch, thanks.