Re: \describe*

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: \describe*
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Aug-01, Corey Huinker wrote:

> From all this, I have so far concluded:
>
> 1. There is real demand to be able to easily see the basic structure of
> tables, views, and indexes in a way that strikes a balance between detail
> and clutter.

That's great.  That said, I'm not opposed to a DESCRIBE server-side
command, and others have shown some interest too.  However, the thread
and commitfest entry at hand refer to a new psql command \describe,
which is completely unrelated.  So I suggest we should close this CF
entry as Returned with Feedback, and wait until Corey comes back with a
server-side patch for DESCRIBE.  I don't see the point of keeping a
\describe item alive if the patch we ultimately end up doing is
something completely different.