Re: Rearranging ALTER TABLE to avoid multi-operations bugs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Rearranging ALTER TABLE to avoid multi-operations bugs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Aug-01, Thomas Munro wrote:

> With my hacker hat:  Hmm.  I haven't looked at the patch, but not
> passing down the QueryEnvironment when recursing is probably my fault,
> and folding all such things into a new mechanism that would avoid such
> bugs in the future sounds like a reasonable approach, if potentially
> complicated to back-patch.  I'm hoping to come back and look at this
> properly in a while.

Thomas: Any further input on this?  If I understand you correctly,
you're not saying that there's anything wrong with Tom's patch, just
that you would like to do some further hacking afterwards.

Tom: CFbot says this patch doesn't apply anymore.  Could you please
rebase?  Also: There's further input from Movead; his proposed test
cases might be useful to add.