Posible off topic ? pgmodeler

Some very helpful folks pointed me to pgmodeler recently.

I realize this list may not be the appropriate forum for discussing this, and
would welcome pointers to a more appropriate forum.

Having said that, this discussion may be a bit more generic.

I have seen a number of open source products (Amanda is a good example), where a
company sort of "takes over" the project, the company's bossiness plan is generally
that of making money on support. Most of these companies have a community edition,
which trails development of the product with their enhancements. U understand
that this model is acceptable to GPL licensed software.

The company supporting pgmodeler seems to have a different model. It looks like
they provide a version of the tool that requires a license key, with limited life
span.

What I am trying to do, at the moment is get a complete understanding of their
bossiness model, regarding the source code for this project.

Thanks for any input on this.

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin