How to get RAISE messges displayed?

От stan
Тема How to get RAISE messges displayed?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK, I am doing enough of this to start using some debug error messages.

I put the following in a function declaration:

RAISE notice 'Called with %', $1 ;

But, when I call the function I do not see anything. I edited postgresql.conf

Like this:

client_min_messages = notice
#client_min_messages = notice           # values in order of decreasing detail:

Event though it looked like this should be the default.

restarted Postgres with:

/etc/init.d/postgresql restart

But I still do not see this, or see it in the log when I call this function.

Ubuntu 18.04 a Postgresql 11 if that matters.

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin