Re: Re: Email to hackers for test coverage

От movead.li@highgo.ca
Тема Re: Re: Email to hackers for test coverage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 11:30:23 +0800 michael@paquier.xyz wrote
>- numeric is not a test suite designed for sorting, and hijacking it
>to do so it not a good approach.
Absolutely agreement. We can wait for repling from
Robert and Peter G.

>- it would be good to get coverage for the two extra code paths while
>we are on it with NULL datums..
The remained untested line in ApplySortComparator() can be never
reached I think, and I have explained it on last mail.
Or I don't fully understand what you mean?

>- There is no need for two INSERT queries, I am getting the same
>coverage with only one.
Yes It is my mistake,  the key point is 'ORDER BY n1 DESC' not the
'INSERT'. Infact it can run the code line without any of the two INSERT.

--
Movead

От: "Moon, Insung"
Сообщение: Performance improvement of WAL writing?
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Improve error detections in TAP tests by spreading safe_psql