Re: Re: Email to hackers for test coverage

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Re: Email to hackers for test coverage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 05:10:59PM +0800, movead.li@highgo.ca wrote:
> Thanks for your remind, I have modified the patch and now it is
> 'regression_20190826.patch' in attachment, and I have done a successful
> test on Cygwin.

There is a section in float4.sql which deals with overflow and
underflow, so wouldn't it be better to move the tests there?  You
could just trigger the failures with that:
=# insert into float4_tbl values ('-10e-70'::float8);
ERROR:  22003: value out of range: underflow
LOCATION:  check_float4_val, float.h:145
=# insert into float4_tbl values ('-10e70'::float8);
ERROR:  22003: value out of range: overflow
LOCATION:  check_float4_val, float.h:140

I would also test all four patterns: 10e70, 10e-70, -10e70, -10e-70.

For the numeric part, this improves the case of
ApplySortAbbrevFullComparator() where both values are not NULL.  Could
things be done so as the other code paths are fully covered?  One
INSERT is fine by the way to add the extra coverage.
--
Michael

Вложения