Re: Hstore OID bigger than an integer

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Hstore OID bigger than an integer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 08:58:50AM -0500, Roberto Mireles wrote:
>Hello team,
>
>This is the first time I post here, if you can provide some help, would be
>much appreciated.
>
>I have an application that can not access the database due to OID value for
>hstore extension is bigger than an integer value. Application uses a NpgSql
>driver that only supports integer types for OIDs.

I'm not familiar with npgsql, but OID is an unsigned integer. So if you
have an OID greater than 2147483647, then that can't be converted into a
32-bit integer, of course (npgsql likely gets a text value, and then fails
while parsing it).

>We have a new app version, which uses a new driver version that supports
>bigint and has no issues at all, but for that specific database, we still
>need to use that old version of the app.
>
>I have searched for a workaround or something that can help us to be able
>to connect to the database, but have not found anything related.
>
>I also tried by dropping, creating extension again, but same result.
>
>Does any of you know any workaround that can help here?
>
>We are using postgresql 9.2.24.

Well, this is likely an issue you should raise with npgsql instead. I'd
assume they have a way to deal with OID values properly.

regards