two issues with v12 beta3

От Justin Pryzby
Тема two issues with v12 beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
One of our customers is shutting down, so I took the opportunity to upgrade
their DB to v12b3.

I found 2 issues:

The initscript and refuses to start for beta versions.
|[pryzbyj@telsasoft ~]$ sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-12 start
|
|An old version of the database format was found.
|You need to upgrade the data format before using PostgreSQL.
|See (Your System's documentation directory)/postgresql-12beta2/README.rpm-dist for more information.

Due to:
++ cat /var/lib/pgsql/12/data/PG_VERSION
+ '[' x12 '!=' x12beta2 ']'

# PGMAJORVERSION is major version, e.g., 10 (this should match PG_VERSION)
PGMAJORVERSION=`echo "$PGVERSION" | sed 's/^\([0-9]*\)\.[0-9]*$/\1/'`

I guess it should s/beta[0-9]*$//, or (I suggested in the past):
PGMAJORVERSION=${PGVERSION%%.*}

Also, for centos6, v12b2 is available but not 12b3??

[pryzbyj@telsasoft ~]$ sudo yum list --showdu postgresql12
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin, security
There was an error communicating with RHN.
Red Hat Satellite or RHN Classic support will be disabled.
rhn-plugin: Error communicating with server. The message was:
Connection reset by peer
 * base: mirror.hostduplex.com
 * extras: centos.mirrors.tds.net
 * ius: ord.mirror.rackspace.com
 * rpmforge: rpmfind.net
 * updates: mirror.sfo12.us.leaseweb.net
Installed Packages
postgresql12.x86_64                                                               12beta2-1PGDG.rhel6
                                            @pgdg12-updates-testing

Available Packages
postgresql12.x86_64                                                               12beta1-1PGDG.rhel6
                                            pgdg12-updates-testing

postgresql12.x86_64                                                               12beta2-1PGDG.rhel6
                                            pgdg12-updates-testing

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/testing/12/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/
Which is strange..since I've already upgraded to b3....