Re: Grouping isolationtester tests in the schedule

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Grouping isolationtester tests in the schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 07, 2019 at 03:17:02PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 07/08/2019 14:42, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> I think I'd put nowait and skip locked under a separate category "FOR
>> UPDATE" or "row locking" or something, but maybe that's just me... can
>> you call that stuff DML?
>
> Yeah, I guess SELECT FOR UPDATE isn't really DML. Separate "Row locking"
> category works for me. Or maybe "Concurrent DML and row locking". There is
> also DML in some of those tests.

Or would it make sense to group the nowait and skip-locked portion
with the multixact group, then keep the DML-specific stuff together?
There is a test called update-locked-tuple which could enter into the
"row locking" group, and the skip-locked tests have references to
multixact locks.  So I think that I would group all that into a single
group: "multixact and row locking".
--
Michael

Вложения