Re: pg_xlog on slaves has grown to 200GB

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_xlog on slaves has grown to 200GB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Vikas Sharma (shavikas@gmail.com) wrote:
> We are using postgresql 9.5 with repmgr 3.3.2 in streaming replication
> setup with 1 master and 2 slaves. I have noticed that the pg_xlog on slaves
> has grown to 200GB and is still growing.
>
> Please advise why pg_xlog is growing and not pruning itself, is there any
> parameter I need to setup to accomplish this? or repmgr will control it
> itself.
>
> I am not 100% sure but feel it pg_xlog never used to grow this much or was
> clearing itself, I can see there are WALs since May 2019 but not before
> that. I want to understand why the WALs started accumulating since then. we
> have this setup since more than a year.

Check your logs.  Seems most likely that something broke archiving,
though it may also be simply that you have an old replication slot
that's holding back the removal of the WAL.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump problems: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR: relation"pg_opfamily" does not exist
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump problems: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR: relation"pg_opfamily" does not exist