Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Дата
Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)  (Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 07:47:37PM +0200, Antonin Houska wrote:
> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> > I have seen no one present a clear description of how anything beyond
> > all-cluster encryption would work or be secure.  Wishing that were not
> > the case doesn't change things.
>
> Since this email thread has grown a lot and is difficult to follow, it might
> help if we summarized various approaches on the wiki, with their pros and
> cons, and included some links to the corresponding emails in the
> archive. There might be people who would like think about the problems but
> don't have time to read the whole thread. Overview of the pending problems of
> particular approaches might be useful for newcomers, but also for people who
> followed only part of the discussion. I mean an overview of the storage
> problems; the key management seems to be less controversial.
>
> If you think it makes sense, I can spend some time next week on the
> research. However I'd need at least an outline of the approaches proposed
> because I also missed some parts of the thread.

I suggest we schedule a voice call and I will go over all the issues and
explain why I came to the conclusions listed.  It is hard to know what
level of detail to explain that in an email, beyond what I have already
posted on this thread.  The only other options is to read all the emails
_I_ sent on the thread to get an idea.

I am able to do that for others as well.

Сообщение: Re: allocation limit for encoding conversion
Сообщение: Re: allocation limit for encoding conversion