Re: First draft of back-branch release notes is done

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: First draft of back-branch release notes is done
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I realize that this has now been sent, but I wanted to comment on one
item:

On 2019-Aug-04, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

> * Ensure that partition key columns will not be dropped as the result of an
> "indirect drop," such as from a cascade from dropping the key column's data
> type (e.g. a custom data type). This fix is applied only to newly created
> partitioned tables: if you believe you have an affected partition table (e.g.
> one where the partition key uses a custom data type), you will need to
> create a new table and move your data into it.

Hmm, if I have this problem, I can pg_upgrade and the new database will
have correct dependencies, right?  For some people, doing that might be
easier than creating and reloading large tables.