Re: Grouping isolationtester tests in the schedule

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Grouping isolationtester tests in the schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Aug-07, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> The elephant in the room is the 'timeouts' test, which takes about 40
> seconds, out of a total runtime of 90 seconds. So we'd really want to run
> that in parallel with everything else. Or split 'timeouts' into multiple
> tests that could run in parallel.

Hmm, that test has 8 permutations, five second each ... if we split it
in 3 and run those in parallel, we reduce the total isolation runtime
by 25 seconds even if we do *nothing else at all*.  If we tweak the
other things, I think we could make the whole set run in about 30
seconds total in a normal machine.

Splitting the test never crossed my mind.