Re: Small patch to fix build on Windows

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Small patch to fix build on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

At Tue, 6 Aug 2019 22:50:14 +0300, Dmitry Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com> wrote in
<CAAfz9KO4Nt-kDUKAcEKFND+1LeZ6nH_hjPGamonfTeZLRKz0bg@mail.gmail.com>
> The attached self-documented patch fixes build on Windows in case when
> path to Python has embedded spaces.

-          $solution->{options}->{python} . "\\python -c \"$pythonprog\"";
+          "\"$solution->{options}->{python}\\python\" -c \"$pythonprog\"";

Solution.pm has the following line:

>    my $opensslcmd =
>      $self->{options}->{openssl} . "\\bin\\openssl.exe version 2>&1";

AFAICS that's all.

-    if ($lib =~ m/\s/)
-    {
-        $lib = '"' . $lib . """;
-    }
+    # Since VC automatically quotes paths specified as the data of
+    # <AdditionalDependencies> in VC project file, it's mistakably
+    # to quote them here. Thus, it's okay if $lib contains spaces.

I'm not sure, but it's not likely that someone adds it without
actually stumbling on space-containing paths with the ealier
version. Anyway if we shouldn't touch this unless the existing
code makes actual problem.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi