Re: [Patch] Adding CORRESPONDING/CORRESPONDING BY to set operation

От David Fetter
Тема Re: [Patch] Adding CORRESPONDING/CORRESPONDING BY to set operation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 03, 2019 at 05:56:04PM +0200, David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 02:43:05PM -0700, 毛瑞嘉 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > I wrote a patch for adding CORRESPONDING/CORRESPONDING BY to set operation.
> > It is a task in the todo list. This is how the patch works:
> >

> > I modified transformSetOperationStmt() to get an intersection target list
> > which is the intersection of the target lists of the left clause and right
> > clause for a set operation statement (sostmt). The intersection target list
> > is calculated in transformSetOperationTree() and then I modified the target
> > lists of the larg and rarg of sostmt to make them equal to the intersection
> > target list. Also, I also changed the target list in pstate->p_rtable in
> > order to make it consistent with the intersection target list.
> >

> > I attached the scratch version of this patch to the email. I am not sure
> > whether the method used in the patch is acceptable or not, but any
> > suggestions are appreciated. I will add tests and other related things to
> > the patch if the method used in this patch is acceptable.
>
> I tried adding documentation based on what I could infer about the
> behavior of this patch. Is that documentation correct?

This time, with the patch attached.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

Вложения

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Patch to clean Query after rewrite-and-analyze - reduces memusage up to 50% - increases TPS by up to 50%