Re: pglz performance

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pglz performance
Дата
Re: pglz performance  (Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-08-02 19:52:39 +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Hmmm, I don't remember the details of those patches so I didn't realize
> it allows incremental recompression. If that's possible, that would mean
> existing systems can start using it. Which is good.

That depends on what do you mean by "incremental"? A single toasted
datum can only have one compression type, because we only update them
all in one anyway. But different datums can be compressed differently.

> Another question is whether we'd actually want to include the code in
> core directly, or use system libraries (and if some packagers might
> decide to disable that, for whatever reason).

I'd personally say we should have an included version, and a
--with-system-... flag that uses the system one.

Greetings,

Andres Freund