Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> At pgCon we had an BoF for projects/companies that are maintaining either forks of Postgres (ie: Aurora Postgres,
EDB,Greenplum, BDR), or extensions that interact heavily with internals (ie: Citus, TimescaleDB). We’d like to have a
mailinglist to facilitate further discussion in this area.

Pgpool-II does not fall into "forks" mentioned above but it actually
forks part of PostgreSQL code (raw parser, memory manager and elog
stuffs). It has experienced part of the pains as other forks Jim
already mentioned:

Pain for forks due to high velocity of upstream commits
Backend static functions / structs

So +1 to create new ML.
--
Tatsuo Ishii