Re: Wrong formatting of the word 'executed'

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Wrong formatting of the word 'executed'
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2019-Jul-25, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/plpgsql-expressions.html
>
> In section 43.4, in the sentence "(...) and then this prepared statement is
> EXECUTEd (...)", the word executed should be modified to lower case.

ISTM that this is intentional, since it refers to the use of the EXECUTE
command.  It does seem maybe too informal to use command names as verbs
and conjugate them ... we don't do it too much, except for "TOASTed".

$ git grep '</[a-z_]*>e\?d'
doc/src/sgml/gist.sgml:        function should return a pointer to newly <function>palloc()</function>ed
doc/src/sgml/lobj.sgml:    up to 4 TB in size, whereas <acronym>TOAST</acronym>ed fields can be at
doc/src/sgml/lobj.sgml:    done efficiently, while most operations on a <acronym>TOAST</acronym>ed
doc/src/sgml/plpgsql.sgml:     and then this prepared statement is <command>EXECUTE</command>d for each
doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml:handle potentially <acronym>TOAST</acronym>ed input values: an input might not
doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml:the value is an ordinary un-<acronym>TOAST</acronym>ed value of the data type, and
doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml:identifying the particular <acronym>TOAST</acronym>ed value),
doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml:<acronym>TOAST</acronym>ed value therefore needs to store the OID of the
doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml:of <acronym>TOAST</acronym>ed attributes will only be pulled out (if selected at all)
doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml:pages). There was no run time difference compared to an un-<acronym>TOAST</acronym>ed

We do append "s" to make plurals a lot, though.