Re: SHOW CREATE

От David Fetter
Тема Re: SHOW CREATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 06:32:41PM -0500, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> > On 2019–07–05, at 12:14, Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > In doing that work, it became clear that the command was serving two masters:
> > 1. A desire to see the underlying nuts and bolts of a given database object.
> > 2. A desire to essentially make the schema portion of pg_dump a server side command.
> >
> > To that end, I see splitting this into two commands, SHOW CREATE
> > and SHOW DUMP.
>
> I like the idea of having these features available via SQL as
> opposed to separate tools. Is it necessary to have specific commands
> for them? It seems they would potentially more useful as functions,
> where they'd be available for all of the programmatic features of
> the rest of SQL.

Having commands for them would help meet people's expectations coming
from other RDBMSs.

On the other hand, making functions could just be done in SQL, which
might hurry the process along.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Avoiding hash join batch explosions with extreme skew and weirdstats