Re: BUG #15889: PostgreSQL failed to build due to error MSB8020 withMSVC on windows

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15889: PostgreSQL failed to build due to error MSB8020 withMSVC on windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 07:53:51PM +1000, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> I agree that we can think of using MSBuild.exe instead of nmake. I am also
> not sure whether MSBuild is available in all the visual studio versions
> [1].
>
> [1] - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSBuild

Well, we could consider switching to MSBuild.exe only on HEAD and v12,
where we don't need to support the same range of VS versions.  That
sounds like a rather safe bet, and I'd be rather fine to integrate
that if it makes the build scripts more solid.
--
Michael

Вложения