Re: Postgres 11: Table Partitioning and Primary Keys

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Postgres 11: Table Partitioning and Primary Keys
Дата
Re: Postgres 11: Table Partitioning and Primary Keys  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 03:34:48PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Looking closely at the code in DefineIndex() (and as Rajkumar has
> mentioned upthread for unique constraints) this can happen for primary
> keys, unique constraints and exclusion constraints.  So we had better
> mention all three of them.  I am not sure that we need to be explicit
> about the uniqueness part though, let's say the following:
> "When defining a primary key, a unique constraint or an exclusion
> constraint on a partitioned table, all the columns present in the
> constraint definition must be included in the partition key."

Let's try again that (that's a long day..):
"When defining a primary key, a unique constraint or an exclusion
constraint on a partitioned table, all the columns present in the
partition key must be included in the constraint definition."
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 11: Table Partitioning and Primary Keys
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 11: Table Partitioning and Primary Keys