Re: BUG #15889: PostgreSQL failed to build due to error MSB8020 withMSVC on windows

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #15889: PostgreSQL failed to build due to error MSB8020 withMSVC on windows
Дата
Re: BUG #15889: PostgreSQL failed to build due to error MSB8020 withMSVC on windows  (Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 10:18:44AM +0200, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> In that building environment, if you edit
> ".\src\tools\msvc\buildenv.pl" to add the following line:
>
> $ENV{MSBFLAGS}="/p:PlatformToolset=v141";
>
> Does it work as workaround for you?
>
> Anyhow, could you please share what nmake version are you using?

As a side thought, we could also move away from nmake when it comes to
find out the version of Visual Studio used if Microsoft is lazy with
nmake's version number.  For example we could consider using
"MSBuild.exe -version" and parse its output.  This reports 16.1.XX.YY
for me with VS 2019, and 14.0.XX.YY with VS 2015.

Not sure how portable that it though past those versions.  Still, on
HEAD and v12, we only support VS 2013 and newer versions, so we could
integrate with it easily.
--
Michael

Вложения