Re: PostgreSQL v11.3 - Records are deleted from child table ifpartition key of parent table is changed

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL v11.3 - Records are deleted from child table ifpartition key of parent table is changed
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Robert,

AFAIU the problem is that when the pof tuple migrates to pot, the
partition-level FK constraint on polf sees the update as a delete
(because at that level that's what it is) and thus cascades to delete
the tuple on polf.  There is nothing that automagically instantiates a
new tuple in polt.

To fix this problem, we would need a mechanism to insert an equivalent
referencing tuple in the other partition.  I'm not sure how would we
achieve such a thing.