Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Jun-20, Andres Freund wrote:

> On 2019-06-20 12:02:30 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> > I agree that it's a difficult situation.  I do kind of wonder whether
> > we were altogether overreacting.  If we had shipped it as it was,
> > what's the worst thing that would have happened?
>
> I think it's not good, but also nothing particularly bad came out of
> it. I don't think we should try to set up procedures for future
> occurances, and rather work/plan on that not happening very often.

I suppose we could have a moratorium on commits starting from (say) EOB
Wednesday of the week prior to the release; patches can only be
committed after that if they have ample support (where "ample support"
might be defined as having +1 from, say, two other committers).  That
way there's time to discuss/revert/fix anything that is deemed
controversial.

Сообщение: Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)
Сообщение: Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2019a.)