Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Jun-13, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer! I did not notice this one. At least the API looks
> better than the one I was suggesting:-)
>
> ISTM that this function could be used to set other parameters, fixing some
> other issues such as ignoring special parameters on reconnections.
>
> Anyway, attached an attempt at implementing the desired behavior wrt
> hostaddr.

BTW I tested this manually and it seemed to work as intended, ie., if I
change /etc/hosts for the hostname I am using between one connection and
the next, we do keep the hostaddr if it was specified, or we resolve the
name again if it's not.