Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-May-27, Noah Misch wrote:

> Other than that, the \connect behavior change makes sense to me.  However,
> nothing updated \connect documentation.  (Even the commit log message said
> nothing about \connect.)

I added this blurb to the paragraph that documents the reusing behavior:

        If <literal>hostaddr</literal> was specified in the original
        connection's <structname>conninfo</structname>, that address is reused
        for the new connection (disregarding any other host specification).

Thanks for reporting these problems.  I'm going to push this shortly.
We can revise over the weekend, if there's need.