Re: Temp table handling after anti-wraparound shutdown (Was: BUG#15840)

От Thierry Husson
Тема Re: Temp table handling after anti-wraparound shutdown (Was: BUG#15840)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hm, I'd like to know more about that corruption. Did you report it when
> it occured?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andres Freund

Thanks Andres for explanations, sorry for my previous mess. I didn't
reported the corruption when it occured as it was my fault, not a PG
bug, as the main cause was that I was using network drive, knowingly
it's unreliable for DB but management didn't believe me.

I had these kind of errors:

pg_dump emet_istina -F c -n usr_...
pg_dump: schema with OID 308991 does not exist

\dt+ pg_temp*.*
ERROR:  catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 5733555

drop schema pg_temp_9;
ERROR:  cache lookup failed for relation 5733715

drop schema pg_temp_6;
ERROR:  cannot drop schema pg_temp_6 because other objects depend on it
DETAIL:  table pg_temp_6.cur_dde000_105577 depends on schema pg_temp_6
HINT:  Use DROP ... CASCADE to drop the dependent objects too.

I had to manualy remove/edit records from pg_class, pg_type, pg_namespace,
pg_depend, pg_shdepend.

I finaly managed to make it works and could dump everything and
rebuild the DB for more security. Server was down for 1 week, and that
event gave me proven arguments to have local storage. That was with
9.6 and I took the opportunity to upgrade to 10.3 at the same time.

Now it's more clear it's a PG9/10/12 problem (didn't tried 11)  with
vacuum/autovacuum not changing xid on temp tables. So, as long a temp
table exists, it take age and finish by causing a wraparound protection.

Thierry