Re: pg_basebackup failure after setting default_table_access_methodoption

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pg_basebackup failure after setting default_table_access_methodoption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-06-08 16:03:09 +0200, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 9:06 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> > The table AM lookup happens only when creating a table, so we could just get
> > a failure when attempting to create a table with this incorrect value.
>
> is correct, but doesn't it leave the room for some problems in the future with
> a wrong assumptions about correctness of default_table_access_method?

What do you mean by that? Every single use of
default_table_access_method (and similarly default_tablespace) has to
check the value, because it could be outdated / not checked due to wrong
context.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup failure after setting default_table_access_methodoption
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup failure after setting default_table_access_method option