Re: Table partition with primary key in 11.3

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Table partition with primary key in 11.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2019-Jun-07, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 3:00 PM David Rowley
> <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > You may already be aware, but another use case for such variable-width
> > identifiers was with indirect indexes as discussed in [1]
>
> Right. I went with global indexes because indirect indexes are
> probably a lot more risky as a project. I'd be particularly concerned
> about the complexity of VACUUM there, whereas that doesn't seem all
> that bad in the case of global indexes.

I think vacuuming for global indexes is somewhat challenging as well :-)
Maybe not as much as for indirect indexes, that's true.

In order for it to be sustainable, I think you'll want to reuse
partition identifiers when the partitions are dropped/detached, which
means that you need a way to ensure that index entries to those
partitions are removed from all indexes.

Сообщение: Re: Table partition with primary key in 11.3
Сообщение: Re: Table partition with primary key in 11.3