Re: Why does pg_checksums -r not have a long option?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Why does pg_checksums -r not have a long option?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 10:31:54PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I think -r/--relfilenode was actually a good suggestion.  Because it
> doesn't actually check a *file* but potentially several files (forks,
> segments).  The -f naming makes it sound like it operates on a specific
> file.

Hmm.  I still tend to prefer the -f/--filenode interface as that's
more consistent with what we have in the documentation, where
relfilenode gets only used when referring to the pg_class attribute.
You have a point about the fork types and extra segments, but I am not
sure that --relfilenode defines that in a better way than --filenode.
--
Michael

Вложения