Re: crash testing suggestions for 12 beta 1

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: crash testing suggestions for 12 beta 1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-May-23, Jeff Janes wrote:

> Now that beta is out, I wanted to do some crash-recovery testing where I
> inject PANIC-inducing faults and see if it recovers correctly. A long-lived
> Perl process keeps track of what it should find after the crash, and
> verifies that it finds it.  You will probably be familiar with the general
> theme from examples like the threads below.  Would anyone like to nominate
> some areas to focus on?

Thanks for the offer!  Your work has showed its value in previous cycles.

REINDEX CONCURRENTLY would be one good area to focus on, I think, as
well as ALTER TABLE ATTACH PARTITION.  Maybe also INCLUDE columns in
GiST, and the stuff in commits 9155580fd, fe280694d and 7df159a62.

Thanks,