Re: Parallel Append subplan order instability on aye-aye

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Parallel Append subplan order instability on aye-aye
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 11:15:47PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I got around to excavating in the buildfarm archives, and found a round
> dozen of more-or-less-similar incidents.  I went back 18 months, which
> by coincidence (i.e., I didn't realize it till just now) is just about
> the time since 624e440a:
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=francolin&dt=2018-01-14%2006%3A30%3A02
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hornet&dt=2018-03-02%2011%3A30%3A19
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=longfin&dt=2018-03-11%2023%3A25%3A46
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=longfin&dt=2018-03-15%2000%3A02%3A04
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=spurfowl&dt=2018-04-05%2003%3A22%3A05
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=desmoxytes&dt=2018-04-07%2018%3A32%3A02
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=termite&dt=2018-04-08%2019%3A55%3A06
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=damselfly&dt=2018-04-23%2010%3A00%3A15
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=piculet&dt=2019-04-19%2001%3A50%3A08
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prion&dt=2019-04-23%2021%3A23%3A12
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=sungazer&dt=2019-05-14%2014%3A59%3A43
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=aye-aye&dt=2019-05-19%2018%3A30%3A10

> * All the failures are in the pg_upgrade test (and some are before,
> some after, we switched that from serial to parallel schedule).
> This makes very little sense; how is that meaningfully different
> from the buildfarm's straight-up invocations of "make check" and
> "make installcheck"?

Two behaviors are unique to pg_upgrade's check and have been in place since
2018-01-14.  It uses "initdb --wal-segsize 1".  It creates three additional
databases, having long names.  Neither of those is clearly meaningful in this
context, but it would be a simple matter of programming to make pg_regress.c
do those things and see if the buildfarm starts witnessing this failure mode
outside the pg_upgrade check.

Сообщение: Re: Confusing comment for function ExecParallelEstimate
Сообщение: RE: Confusing comment for function ExecParallelEstimate