Re: coverage increase for worker_spi

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: coverage increase for worker_spi
Дата
Re: coverage increase for worker_spi  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-May-29, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Tom pointed out that coverage for worker_spi is 0%.  For a module that
> > only exists to provide coverage, that's pretty stupid.  This patch
> > increases coverage to 90.9% line-wise and 100% function-wise, which
> > seems like a sufficient starting point.
>
> > How would people feel about me getting this in master at this point in
> > the cycle, it being just some test code?  We can easily revert if
> > it seems too unstable.
>
> I'm not opposed to adding a new test case at this point in the cycle,
> but as written this one seems more or less guaranteed to fail under
> load.

True.  Here's a version that should be more resilient.

One thing I noticed while writing it, though, is that worker_spi uses
the postgres database, instead of the contrib_regression database that
was created for it.  And we create a schema and a table there.  This is
going to get some eyebrows raised, I think, so I'll look into fixing
that as a bugfix before getting this commit in.

Вложения