Re: [HACKERS] Unlogged tables cleanup

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Unlogged tables cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 09:33:52PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
>> What's actually the reason preventing us from delaying the
>> checkpointer like the index AMs for the logging of heap init fork?
>
> I'm not following. What do you mean by "delaying the checkpointer"?

I mean what Robert has mentioned here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoZ4TWaPCKhF-szV-nPxDXL40zCwm9pNFJZURvRgm2oJzQ@mail.gmail.com

And my gut tells me that he got that right, because we are discussing
about race conditions with crashes and checkpoints in-between calls to
smgrimmedsync() and log_newpage().  That could be invasive for
back-branches, but for HEAD this would make the whole init fork
handling saner.
--
Michael

Вложения