Re: Bug in reindexdb's error reporting

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Bug in reindexdb's error reporting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 10:28:43AM +0200, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> I attach the switch refactoring that applies on top of current HEAD,
> and the reindex_system_catalogs() removal in a different patch in case
> that's too much during feature freeze.

Both Look fine to me at quick glance, but I have not tested them.  I
am not sure about refactoring all the options into a structure,
perhaps it depends on what kind of patch it gives.  Regarding a merge
into the tree, I think that this refactoring should wait until
REL_12_STABLE has been created.  It is no time to take risks in
destabilizing the code.

Also, as this thread's problem has been solved, perhaps it would be
better to spawn a new thread, and to add a new entry in the CF app for
the refactoring set so as it attracts the correct audience?  The
messages exchanged.
--
Michael

Вложения