Re: Inconsistency between table am callback and table function names

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Inconsistency between table am callback and table function names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-05-10 16:18:32 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2019-May-10, Andres Freund wrote:
>
> > My personal opinion is that this is more churn than I think is useful to
> > tackle after feature freeze, with not sufficient benefits.  If others
> > chime in, voting to do this, I'm OK with doing that, but otherwise I
> > think there's more important stuff to do.
>
> One issue is that if we don't change things now, we can never change it
> afterwards, so we should make some effort to ensure that naming is
> sensible.  And we already changed the names of the whole interface.

Well, the point is that there's symmetry with a lot of similar functions
that were *not* affected by the tableam changes. Cf. systable_beginscan
et al.  We could add wrappers etc to make it less painful, but then
there's no urgency either.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Inconsistency between table am callback and table function names
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistency between table am callback and table function names