Re: Problems with pg_upgrade and extensions referencing catalogtables/views

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Problems with pg_upgrade and extensions referencing catalogtables/views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May  8, 2019 at 10:07:23PM +0000, Nasby, Jim wrote:
> I don’t recall why pg_upgrade wants to control OIDs… don’t we
> re-create all catalog entries for user objects from scratch?

The C comment at top of pg_upgrade.c explains why some oids must be preserved:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/bin/pg_upgrade/pg_upgrade.c;h=0b304bbd56ab0204396838618e86dfad757c2812;hb=HEAD

It doesn't mention extensions.