Re: vacuumdb and new VACUUM options

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: vacuumdb and new VACUUM options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 9 May 2019 20:14:51 +0900, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote in
<CAD21AoBmA9H3ZRuQFF+9io9PKhP+ePS=D+ThZ6ohRMdBm2x8Pw@mail.gmail.com>
> On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 10:01 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> > > --index-cleanup=BOOL
> >
> > I agree with Euler's suggestion to have a 1-1 mapping between the
> > option of vacuumdb and the VACUUM parameter
>
> +1. Attached the draft version patches for both options.

+    printf(_("      --index-cleanup=BOOLEAN     do or do not index vacuuming and index cleanup\n"));
+    printf(_("      --truncate=BOOLEAN          do or do not truncate off empty pages at the end of the table\n"));

I *feel* that force/inhibit is suitable than true/false for the
options.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi