Re: make \d pg_toast.foo show its indices

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: make \d pg_toast.foo show its indices
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

> On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 11:30 AM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > > Not unless you want to break every regression test that uses \d.
> > > Instability of the output is also a reason not to show the
> > > toast table's name in the parent's \d[+].
> >
> > So we need a way to turn it off.  That doesn't seem like it'd be hard to
> > implement and the information is certainly quite useful.
>
> Ugh.  It's not really worth it if we have to go to such lengths.

I don't think I agree..  We've gone to pretty great lengths to have
things that can be turned on and off for explain because they're useful
to have but not something that's predictible in the regression tests.
This doesn't strike me as all that different (indeed, if anything it
seems like it should be less of an issue since it's entirely client
side...).

Having our test framework deny us useful features just strikes me as
bizarre.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения