Re: New EXPLAIN option: ALL

От David Fetter
Тема Re: New EXPLAIN option: ALL
Дата
Re: New EXPLAIN option: ALL  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 11:03:23AM +0200, Rafia Sabih wrote:
> On Tue, 7 May 2019 at 09:30, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> >
> > Folks,
> >
> > It can get a little tedious turning on (or off) all the boolean
> > options to EXPLAIN, so please find attached a shortcut.
>
> I don't understand this, do you mind explaining a bit may be with an
> example on how you want it to work.

If you're tuning a query interactively, it's a lot simpler to prepend,
for example,

    EXPLAIN (ALL, FORMAT JSON)

to it than to prepend something along the lines of

    EXPLAIN(ANALYZE, VERBOSE, COSTS, BUFFERS, SETTINGS, TIMING, SUMMARY, PARTRIDGE_IN_A_PEAR_TREE, FORMAT JSON)

to it.

Best,
David.
Phone: +1 415 235 3778