Re: make \d pg_toast.foo show its indices

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: make \d pg_toast.foo show its indices
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 03, 2019 at 02:55:47PM +0200, Rafia Sabih wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 at 17:49, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > It's deliberate that \dt doesn't show toast tables.
> > \d shows them, but doesn't show their indices.
> >
> > It seems to me that their indices should be shown, without having to think and
> > know to query pg_index.
> >
> > postgres=# \d pg_toast.pg_toast_2600
> > TOAST table "pg_toast.pg_toast_2600"
> >    Column   |  Type
> > ------------+---------
> >  chunk_id   | oid
> >  chunk_seq  | integer
> >  chunk_data | bytea
> >     "pg_toast_2600_index" PRIMARY KEY, btree (chunk_id, chunk_seq)
>
> +1.

Thanks - what about also showing the associated non-toast table ?

postgres=# \d pg_toast.pg_toast_2620
TOAST table "pg_toast.pg_toast_2620"
   Column   |  Type
 chunk_id   | oid
 chunk_seq  | integer
 chunk_data | bytea
FOR TABLE: "pg_catalog.pg_trigger"
    "pg_toast_2620_index" PRIMARY KEY, btree (chunk_id, chunk_seq)

That could be displayed differently, perhaps in the header, but I think this is
more consistent with other display.

Justin

Вложения