Re: "long" type is not appropriate for counting tuples

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: "long" type is not appropriate for counting tuples
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-04-29 11:18:49 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 11:10 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > If we don't want to rely on "L" constants then we'll have to write these
> > cases like "work_mem * (size_t) 1024" which is ugly, lots more keystrokes,
> > and prone to weird precedence problems unless you throw even more
> > keystrokes (parentheses) at it.  I'm not excited about doing that just
> > to allow larger work_mem settings on Win64.
>
> I don't think that anybody cares about Win64 very much.

I seriously doubt this assertion. Note that the postgres packages on
https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/ do not support 32bit
windows anymore (edb from 11 onwards, bigsql apparently always). And I
think there's a pretty substantial number of windows users out there.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: "long" type is not appropriate for counting tuples
Сообщение: Re: "long" type is not appropriate for counting tuples