Re: Identity columns should own only one sequence

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Identity columns should own only one sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Apr-26, Laurenz Albe wrote:

> What do you think of the patch I just posted on this thread to
> remove ownership automatically when the default is dropped, as Michael
> suggested?  I think that would make things much more intuitive from
> the user's perspective.

I think a better overall fix is that that when creating the generated
column (or altering a column to make it generated) we should look for
existing an existing sequence and take ownership of that (update
pg_depend records), before deciding to create a new sequence.