Re: [Patch] Check file type before calling AllocateFile() for filesout of pg data directory to avoid potential issues (e.g. hang).

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [Patch] Check file type before calling AllocateFile() for filesout of pg data directory to avoid potential issues (e.g. hang).
Дата
Ответ на Re: [Patch] Check file type before calling AllocateFile() for files out of pg data directory to avoid potential issues (e.g. hang).  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:36:03AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Nah, I don't buy that one either.  Nobody has any business creating any
> non-Postgres files in the stats directory ... and if somebody does want
> to stick a FIFO in there, perhaps for debug purposes, why should we stop
> them?

I have never used a FIFO in Postgres for debugging purposes, but that
sounds plausible.  I am not sure either the changes proposed in the
patch are a good idea.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Why is it OK for dbsize.c to look at relation files directly?
Сообщение: Re: Why is it OK for dbsize.c to look at relation files directly?