Re: Postgres Security Patches Question

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Postgres Security Patches Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2019-Apr-24, Patil, Prashant wrote:

> Thanks Tom. So since security patches is not release separately, they
> are part of minor releases. Is this correct statement?

It is correct.

> If they are part minor releases, we need to download source code for
> that release and perform upgrade and while performing upgrade, we can
> point install directories to our custom data/config directories RIGHT?

The install directories don't have to care where your data/config
directories and files are.  Only your start scripts have to.  You can
just stop the database, install the new binaries on top of the previous
ones, start the database.

Сообщение: RE: Postgres Security Patches Question
Сообщение: Re: Postgres Security Patches Question