Re: [Patch] Check file type before calling AllocateFile() for filesout of pg data directory to avoid potential issues (e.g. hang).

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [Patch] Check file type before calling AllocateFile() for filesout of pg data directory to avoid potential issues (e.g. hang).
Дата
Ответ на Re: [Patch] Check file type before calling AllocateFile() for filesout of pg data directory to avoid potential issues (e.g. hang).  (Paul Guo <pguo@pivotal.io>)
Ответы Re: [Patch] Check file type before calling AllocateFile() for files out of pg data directory to avoid potential issues (e.g. hang).  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Apr-24, Paul Guo wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 12:49 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> > This seems like a bad idea to me. IMO we want to support using a pipe
> > etc here. If the admin creates a fifo like this without attaching a
> > program it seems like it's their fault.
>
> Oh, I never know this application scenario before. So yes, for this, we
> need to keep the current code logic in copy code.

But the pgstat.c patch seems reasonable to me.