Re: [HACKERS] Weaker shmem interlock w/o postmaster.pid

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Weaker shmem interlock w/o postmaster.pid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 04:30:46PM +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 6:22 PM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> >  -                       my $iaddr = inet_aton($test_localhost);
> > +                       my $iaddr = inet_aton('0.0.0.0');
>
> This causes make check-world to deliver a flurry of pop-ups from
> macOS's built-in Firewall asking if perl should be allowed to listen
> to all interfaces (well I didn't catch the exact message, but that's
> probably the drift).  Not sure if they'd go away permanently if I
> managed to click OK before they disappear, but it's fun trying.  The
> silly firewall facility is not actually enabled by default on this OS,
> but unfortunately this company-issued machine has it forced to on.
> This isn't really an objection to the code, it's more of a bemused
> anecdote about a computer that can't decide whether it's a Unix
> workstation or a Fisher Price My First Computer.

That is unfortunate.  The "Allowing specific applications" section of
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201642 appears to offer a way to allow perl
permanently.  Separately, it wouldn't cost much for us to abandon that check
on !$use_tcp (non-Windows) configurations.