Re: Out of Memory errors are frustrating as heck!

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Out of Memory errors are frustrating as heck!
Дата
Re: Out of Memory errors are frustrating as heck!  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 01:03:50AM -0400, Gunther wrote:
> On 4/20/2019 21:14, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> >Maybe. But before wasting any more time on the memory leak investigation,
> >I suggest you first try the patch moving the BufFile allocations to a
> >separate context. That'll either confirm or disprove the theory.
>
> OK, fair enough. So, first patch 0001-* applied, recompiled and
>
> 2019-04-21 04:08:04.364 UTC [11304] LOG:  server process (PID 11313) was terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault
> turns out the MemoryContext is NULL:
>
> (gdb) p context
> $1 = (MemoryContext) 0x0

I updated Tomas' patch to unconditionally set the context.
(Note, oldctx vs oldcxt is fairly subtle but I think deliberate?)

Justin

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Out of Memory errors are frustrating as heck!
Сообщение: Re: Out of Memory errors are frustrating as heck!